The Beaton Racing logo was a personal project for my own family racing team. At the time, I was participating in cross country ATV racing and my brother (Mark Beaton) continues to race in NHRA sponsored drag racing events.
What we needed:
- A motorsports logo that could represent both racing sports we participated in.
- Incorporate the family name as part of the team logo.
- We also wanted a logo that could be manufactured as a vehicle badge.
What I did:
- Utlilizing just the first letter of our surname made the logo easily adaptable to a variety of designs and for use as a badge.
- A chrome effect was applied to simulate the metal badge version intended for future manufacturing.
- The Blue and Purple stripes are the primary colors from our individual motorsports vehicles and respective brands.
- The top stripe angle provides a subtle suggestion of movement.